Monday, October 22, 2012

The Spaces Spell FACE!

In 4th grade Game Plan there is a suggestion to have students make a face so that they will remember that the spaces spell face.  So, for the past 3 years, I have had kids make faces to decorate our music room.  I love seeing what they create from year to year!

The sign was created by a 5th grade students older sibling.  I told her what I wanted and she made this beautiful sign!



I give this as a homework assignment.  These are the faces I have had returned so far.  I don't get 100% participation but most of the kids end up bringing theirs in.  I give each student a paper plate and they can create any face they want, using any medium they want.  They can cut their plate, add more paper to it, anything goes as long as its a face.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I skipped over this in Game Plan wondering if it was worth it. I think I'll try it next year...those are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest when I first looked at it, I thought who has time for this! But, my art teacher friend encouraged me to give it a try as homework and I'm so glad I did. The kids love looking at them and my little ones remember seeing them from year to year. Some had already asked me where the faces went. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I love it! We have trouble getting music subs in, so this would be a perfect sub plan lesson for me to provide and it's something valuable! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I hadn't thought of using it as part of a sub plan but that is a really great idea!

      Delete
  4. Definitely using this for a "Fun Friday" activity with my 2nd graders this year! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on this post! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...