Monday, April 22, 2013

Idea for Next Year

Ugh....it's testing season.  While I'm quite proud of myself for coming up with quiet productive activities that travel to the classrooms, I'm over it!  For the first week I proctored half the day (with a very sweet class) and then traveled to each classes room for the 2nd half of the day.  This week I have 4 days traveling all day.  Not fun!

Alas it will soon be over.  While I've been traveling I've had some time to start thinking about changes I want to make for next year.  I'm starting small and will post more come June/July but for now a sneak peek.

I happened across this really cute duct tape in the dollar section at Target last week.  Cute isn't it?  I couldn't resist buying two rolls.  When I got home, I started to brainstorm ways to use it in my classroom.  And then I remembered seeing a pin using it on pencils.


I don't know about you but my pencils seem to grow legs and walk out the door.  To prevent that, I added little duct tape flags to the top of a brand new set of pencils for next year.  


Since the tape I had was a bit wide, I cut a short piece and then tore it in half.



Then wrapped it around the pencil and trimmed it a bit to look like a flag.


I'm quit happy with how they turned out.  The only thing I think I would change is the color.  Don't get me wrong, I love this tape it makes me happy.  I'm thinking that for organization purposes green, red and blue tape to match my risers would have been better.  It never fails one team is short 5 pencils because someone put them away in the other teams caddy.

One thing done for next year.  Seems crazy to think that way but this year is almost over.  Only 3 lessons left with my classes.  Once testing is done I'm hoping to post more lessons.  Hope your testing season is flying by!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! My 5th & 4th graders are supposed to bring pencils along with folders and recorders every week. I always have a few who forget or have the lead break. ..no sharpener in the cafeteria where I teach. I bought some tape but hadn't decided what to do with it yet. Please let us know when you come up with other ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the kids bring folders for awhile but it became such a hassle. Sometimes it really wasn't their fault because they would go to lunch or recess before specials and their teacher would not remind them to bring them. This is easier and less frustrating. I'm sorry to hear you teach in the cafeteria. Do you have a quiet space? Our strings teacher's lessons end just as lunch is beginning and it can be difficult.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on this post! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...